Community Contributions – #2

Photo by UNIBOA on Unsplash
Photo by UNIBOA on Unsplash

Hi Chloe,

I enjoyed reading your post on AR and the Merge Cube. I found myself equally curious about this resource and I realized that I had a Merge Cube gathering dust in a bookcase. It was great to be able to use it in person and I must say that it is an intriguing technology. The virtual museum you mentioned in your post got me thinking about other ways to use the Merge Cube. For social studies, going along with a historical theme I was thinking a class could make a “marketplace” from an ancient society (Greek, or maybe Egyptian) and each group of “merchants” could teach/sell their classmates about what they are selling. I really think that the potential for class activities with the Merge Cube is massive. Although you are right about the issue of screen time which is such a hard thing to balance, even for us adults. I am a proponent of outdoor education but I also know that using and being comfortable with technology is important for students. I wonder what sort of research has been done on this, and how much of it is reliable. Thanks for sharing Chloe!

PS: Your Canva designs are great!