Community Contributions – Editing Video and How Do We Evaluate Multimedia?

Photo by "My Life Through A Lens" on Unsplash
Photo by “My Life Through A Lens” on Unsplash

Hi Chloe,

I really enjoyed reading your post on Puentendura’s SAMR model. I am particularly thankful for the examples you included for each step in the model and found that they complemented the explanations well. I had a similar experience with learning and using new technology during the time we have been taking courses over Zoom. It will be interesting to see how many people will continue to use the apps they relied on during the pandemic. Your comments about the importance of utilizing the SAMR model resonated with me because there is such a range of options when using laptops or tablets in a class it can be paralyzing to make a choice. This is amplified by time restrictions that may be placed on when a class has access to those technologies because teachers want to make the most of the time they have with it. Yet, I feel like teachers can be empowered by concepts like SAMR to make the best of the time they have with technology. The video you posted is really useful for helping teachers make choices that will transform learning in their classrooms. Thanks for sharing!

“Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing.”

Rollo May