Community Contribution: Designing for Interaction

Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash

Hi Molly,

I enjoyed reading your post on designing for interaction this week. The video you found seems like a great tool for teaching descriptive language that will pair well with your Interactive Learning Resource. I agree that the pauses in this video allow learners to answer or simply listen along, the pauses could also be a signal for teachers to pause the video and prompt answers from learners or elaborate on the topic. As I was watching the video I was wondering where I would place it in a lesson so I appreciated it when you gave several examples of how it could be used. I signed up to review your group’s Interactive Learning Resource and I am excited to see what is included in the resource you and your group created. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Cynthia,

I really liked your post and the video you posted. I agree that the pace of the video is a bit fast but the information in it was well presented and easy to connect to. The suggestion you made about pausing the video for the teacher to give a more in-depth explanation sounds like it would work well in this context. I could see teachers pausing it and checking for understanding so they make sure the key points are understood by learners. It sounds like your learning resource incorporates several class discussion activities. The resource my group is creating has several discussions as well. I think these are important to give students a chance to engage and reflect on course content in ways that are not possible with only lectures. Thanks for sharing! 

“Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community”

Anthony J. D’Angelo